Dear MGC Members,
RE: COVID -19 Impacts on MGC Meetings
These are difficult times. Right now, this is such a fluid situation that everyone is feeling overwhelmed and frustrated that the world, their world, is out of control. In trying to develop a game plan for MGC I am also finding that a good game plan one day, becomes not enough a day later, and in some cases, not even an hour later.
We have many meetings scheduled this spring: Schools, District meetings, our Board Meeting, and our State Conference. We need ONE plan for all our meetings, so that at least for one piece of our lives – Michigan Garden Club-related activities, we can all feel more in control, and our meeting planners can get on with doing the next steps that need to be done in a logical, reasonable fashion.
Our members’ health and safety is our first concern and most important consideration. Therefore, I am cancelling all MGC Schools and District Meetings through the end of May. I remain hopeful that we will be able to have our June Conference. In the meantime, we will have our April MGC Board Meeting as a virtual meeting, which will also give us the opportunity to test additional video-conferencing capabilities.
For those of you who have already registered for Schools:
- The school will be postponed to the next already-scheduled Fall Date.
- You will have the option of having your registration fee refunded or you may simply carry it over to the FallSession. That decision will be yours.
- You will need to cancel any hotel reservation you may have made.
For District meetings:
- Spring District Leadership meetings are cancelled.
- If you have already registered you will receive a refunded.
For the State Conference:
- Please continue to register and plan to attend the conference and make your hotel reservations.
- If we have to cancel, you WILL receive a 100% refund.
- If you are sick or a member of your household is sick, please stay home, you will receive a 100 % refund.
- The hotel already has a 24 hour cancellation policy, and will modify from there as circumstances change.However, our room block/rates WILL BE LOST if not reserved by Monday May 4th.
- We are exploring options to do the conference as a series of webinars if necessary. Please be patient withus as we work out those details.
For refunds for any of the above meetings, please contact the registrar for that event. AND PLEASE BE PATIENT, they need time to figure out how they will manage that.
I am sorry we have to do this. Rest assured we will keep you informed as the situation changes. I hope you and your families stay healthy through this pandemic.
Growing and sharing in gardening,
Janet Hickman, President
Michigan Garden Clubs, Inc.