MICHIGAN CONSULTANTS COUNCIL
Landscape Design, Gardening Study and Environmental Consultants
MICHIGAN GARDEN CLUBS, INC.
The name of this organization is the Michigan Consultants Council (MCC), a member of the Michigan Garden Clubs, Inc. (MGC). The MGC is incorporated in the State of Michigan as a non-profit organization and classified by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)3 organization.
The MCC organization was formed and bylaws approved in June, 2007. The first business meeting and Tri-Refresher was held in Traverse City, MI the same year. Since the beginning, two meetings a year have been held: a summer tour with speakers, garden tours, and interactive luncheons for members; at the yearly State Convention the MCC holds their annual meeting to present awards to local clubs sponsoring garden walks; MCC often sponsors a lecturer during the MGC Annual Convention. Every two years new officers are elected for a two year term. Officers are: President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, and Treasurer.
Presidents to date: Bonnie Ion 2007-2009; Mary Pulick 2009-2013; Lynn Dinvald 2013-2015; Nancy Stark Higgins 2015-2017.
- To protect the environment, to increase knowledge in horticulture and to promote excellence in landscape design.
- To advance and continue the study of the earth, gardening and landscape design.
- Encouraging and promoting attendance at Environmental, Gardening, and Landscape Design Study Schools of the National Garden Clubs, Inc. (NGC).
- Serving on local and state committees concerned with civic beautification projects.
- Continuing study through lectures, workshops and tours to private and public gardens.
- Assisting garden clubs when requested by giving information to promote MCC objectives.
MCC MEMBERSHIP QUALIFICATION
- Be a member in good standing of a MGC local club,
- Be accredited as a consultant by National Garden Clubs and/or,
- Have successfully completed at least two courses in any one are of study and
- Pay dues of $20.00 per two year term.
MCC MEMBERSHIP CLASSIFICATIONS
- Consultant – completed four courses in any one of the above area of study.
- Provisional Consultant – completed two course sessions in any area of study.
- Honorary Membership – conferred on the MGC President and to others by the members.
- Qualified members shall be entitled to join upon payment of dues.
- Dues are payable in April of “even-numbered years”.
- Dues for Provisional Consultants are payable when eligible to join.
Meetings of the MCC shall be held twice a year.
- There shall be a meeting in association with the Symposium, summer activity or garden walk offered sometime in the year. The date and location of the meeting shall be determined by the President and/or the Executive Board.
- There shall be an Annual Meeting in the spring held in conjunction with the yearly State Convention.
To download the MCC Join Us-Dues Payment form, click here.
To download information on the Michigan Council Garden Walk Award, click here.