The Michigan Association of Accredited Judges (MAAJ) of The National Garden Clubs, Inc was formed in 1952 within the framework of The Michigan Garden Clubs, Inc and is subsidiary to that body.
The objectives of this organization are:
- to interpret the standardized judging rules of The National Garden Clubs., Inc. and to keep its members informed on changes.
- to promote sound ethics in judging
- to promote advanced study in horticulture, flower arrangement and flower show procedure
- to support the Flower Show Symposiums of The Michigan Garden Clubs, Inc. to provide advanced education as required by National Garden Clubs., Inc.
Active and voting members are judges accredited by The National Garden Clubs, Inc. in good Standing Active members must have active membership in a Michigan Garden Clubs, Inc. garden club.
Meetings are held twice a year and are open to guests.
MAAJ OFFICERS FOR 2017-2019
- Marge McGoff, President
- Sherry Sanelli, 1st Vice President
- Della Haydon, 2nd Vice President
- Lynn Miller, Recording Secretary
- Ruth Moline, Corresponding Secretary
- Treasurer, Dorothy Lippincott
- Barbara Folden, Historian
- Carol Brock, Flower Show Advice and Awards
- Kathryn Clary, Flower Show Symposium
- Lois Snover-Hanson, Flower Show School
- Marie Smith, Flower Show Design
- Lynn Dinvald, Flower Show Judges Credentials